TUSCALOOSA, Ala. – The University of Alabama Athletics Department is prepared to kick off the 37th Annual National Girls and Women in Sports Day – a week-long recognition that begins Wednesday, Jan. 25 and leads up to the day of celebration which falls on Wednesday, Feb. 2.
National Girls and Women in Sports Day (NGWSD) is an occasion dedicated to honoring the achievements of female athletes, coaches and leaders and highlights the power of sports to unlock the limitless potential of women and girls.
As part of Alabama Athletics’ celebration of NGWSD, the Crimson Tide Foundation has set a goal to raise $50,000 for the Crimson Tide Scholarship Fund – the annual scholarship fund for Alabama Athletics.
To aid in the Tide’s goal, the AlabamaONE Aspire Foundation will match the first $25,000 raised for the Crimson Tide Scholarship Fund between Jan. 25 and Feb. 1 on a dollar-for-dollar basis. Fans can find more information or donate HERE or at uactf.org/ngwsd. Initiatives throughout the week are included below:
National Girls and Women in Sports Celebration – Jan. 25-Feb. 1
- Women’s basketball team will celebrate NGWSD during its home game against No. 1 South Carolina on Sunday, Jan. 29. Tickets are only $5.
- Alabama gymnastics will celebrate girls and women in sports at the Tide’s home meet versus Auburn on Friday, Feb. 3. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased at rolltide.com.
- Student-athletes from Alabama’s women’s athletics teams will be visiting students at three local elementary schools on Wednesday, Feb. 1 to share their stories and inspire the next generation of young athletes.
- Scholarship drive throughout the week with all donations going towards the Crimson Tide Scholarship Fund in honor of NGWSD
- Follow conversation on social media posts on the UA Athletics official accounts throughout the week with the hashtags #RollTide and #NGWSD.
All the latest information on Alabama Athletics can be found on @UA_Athletics on Twitter and Instagram, Alabama Athletics on Facebook and at RollTide.com. The latest on the Crimson Tide Foundation can be found on social media by following @UACTF on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook as well as CrimsonTideFoundation.org.