EHE Quarterly Stakeholder Webinar
The November EHE Quarterly Stakeholder Webinar took place on November 15, 2022, and highlighted HIV and health equity across the United States. The forum provided an opportunity for community members and government officials to interact during a question-and-answer session.
Watch the presentation and view the presentation slides, which include innovative methods of health equity through evidence-based practices.
Here are the presenters and a few highlights:
- Timothy Harrison, Principal Deputy Director, OIDP. Dr. Harrison provided welcoming remarks and an update on EHE implementation efforts from all participating agencies. Dr. Harrison also shared the National HIV/AIDS Strategy (NHAS) Federal Implementation Plan update and highlighted five new Quality of Life indicators addressing self-rated health status, mental health, hunger, unemployment, and unstable housing or homelessness.
- Madina Agénor, Assistant Professor in the Department of Behavioral and Social Sciences and Center for Health Promotion and Health Equity at Brown University School of Public Health. Dr. Agénor discussed Intersectionality and HIV/STI Testing: Differences by Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, and Race/Ethnicity.
- Torrian Baskerville, Director of HIV & Health Equity at the Human Rights Campaign. Mr. Baskerville discussed the Exit Disclaimer.
- Tonia Poteat, Associate Professor in the Department of Social Medicine at the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill. Dr. Poteat discussed Exit Disclaimer.
- Kirk Henny, Associate Director for the Office of Health Equity in the Division of HIV Prevention at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Dr. Henny discussed Telemedicine and HIV, as well as highlighted health equity elements included in evidence-based interventions and public health strategies.
- Harold Phillips, Director of the White House Office of National AIDS Policy. Mr. Phillips delivered closing remarks and shared key takeaways for webinar attendees.
To learn more ways to highlight HIV and health equity, watch the recording playback and view the presentation slides from the November EHE Quarterly Stakeholder webinar.
Follow the HIV.gov blog and social handles for upcoming events and details on the next EHE Quarterly Stakeholder webinar!
For more information about the Ending the HIV Epidemic in the U.S. (EHE) initiative, visit HIV.gov.